Shop, Pdf store etc

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Flower Power Team Blog Hop #001


I am so excited to take part in my first EVER blog hop!  This great group of talented ladies is part of Erica Cerwin's team  "Sweet Stampede". The theme of our blog hop is Flowers and we have some fun and gorgeous ideas for you...  


The card I decided to share with you uses one of my new favorite stamps sets "Petal Palette".  My daughter needed a card for a friend's wedding and her bridesmaid dresses were navy blue so I decided to use that as my inspiration.  I brayered a piece of the striped Sale-A-Bration Springtime Foils paper with some Night of Navy ink, let it dry a bit and then took some paper towel to wipe off the excess ink that the silver lines resisted.  Such a really dramatic effect!  Loved the way it turned out and so easy to do!



I decided I wanted to stay with a mostly navy and white color scheme and just added a touch of silver and black.  I chose only to color the petals of the floral stamp and not the leaves and I just left the cute little bird black and white.  I added some vellum leaves, silver metallic thread and the gorgeous metallic edge ribbon.  I thought it turned out perfect! As you can see on the next photo I did add a touch of Wink of Stella for some glittery shine!




The sentiments in this stamp set are perfect for all occasions but I thought this was a nice one for a wedding!  



Hope you enjoyed stopping by.....next up is my friend Lisa Cunningham.  Can't wait for you to see the amazing project she has to share!



Product List

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Heather! I haven't seen much Navy lately which is sad because what a statement color!! ~Britney Vanderlaan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I LOVE this card! I know I'll be casing it.

    ReplyDelete